This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, O’Connor Academy
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019; Part Time, Hours 7:15AM - 10:45AM. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Plan and implement a supported work program for students with disabilities.
2. Plan and carry out individual educational plans for students with disabilities.
3. Maintain student attendance, progress reports and grade reporting data.
4. Other duties as assigned by administration.
1. Current and valid NYS Certification in Vocational Education.
2. Current and valid NYS Certification in Special Education, preferred.
3. Successful experience working with high school age students with emotional/behavioral challenges.
4. Serve safe Certification may be required.
5. Training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention strategies or similar problem solving strategies preferred.
6. Applicants must commit to working the full 30 day Summer Program.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.