This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Rush-Henrietta
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Students will attend July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019.
2. Planning responsibilities throughout school year.
3. Follow-up activities as necessary.
1. Hire, supervise and provide leadership for staff in Extended School Year Programs.
2. Plan and prepare prior to summer programs.
3. Supervise day-to-day operations of Extended School Year Programs. Responsible for supporting student discipline.
4. Ensure continuity of individual student programs on a basis consistent with school year programs.
5. Serve as liaison with school, home school districts and parents.
6. Support fiscal management of the Extended School Year Program.
1. NYS School District Administration Certification (SDA) / NYS School Administration & Supervision (SAS) preferred.
2. Minimum five years teaching or administrative experience.
3. Experience in Special Education.
4. Applicants must commit to the full 30-day Extended School Year Program.
5. Attend a mandatory planning meeting.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.