This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Central Campus
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019; Part Time, Hours 7:15AM-10:30AM. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Assist the food service teacher in instructing and supporting students in the Food Service Summer Program.
2. Support the classroom teacher in carrying out the individual educational plans of students with disabilities.
3. Assist teacher and students in the preparation of materials, food products and demonstrations.
4. Assist teacher with clerical and record keeping duties, as assigned by teacher.
5. Assist with monitoring the inventory of food products and dry goods.
6. Assist teacher and students in maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitary working environment.
7. Other duties as assigned by Food Service teacher.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Teacher Aide/Paraeducator required: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working in a clerical capacity; OR,
B. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working with children; OR,
C. Possession of a certificate of completion of a course of Child Care Through an occupational school, the American Red Cross or similar agency; OR,
D. A combination of experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.
2. Serve Safe Certification required.
3. Experience working with high school age students with emotional/behavioral challenges.
4. Applicants must commit to working the full 30 day Summer Program.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
6. Mandatory attendance at orientation, date to be determined.
7. For applicants who are NOT current BOCES employees, must provide a copy of high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (applications submitted without this documentation will not be considered).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.