This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Provide receptive and expressive interpreting in the classroom and for special events during the school day.
2. Assist deaf/hard of hearing students to develop the necessary skills to successfully participate in all aspects of the summer school or ESY program.
3. Work collaboratively with the teacher/classroom team/Program Administrator.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Interpreter for the Deaf: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. Completion of a training program for Interpreters recognized and accredited by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf; OR,
B. Transliterating Certification, Interpreting Certification, or Comprehensive Skills Certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf; OR,
C. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree in Interpreting for the Hearing Impaired; OR,
D. Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.
2. One or more levels of RID Certification, a minimum of 3.5 EIPA score, or demonstration of comparable skills.
3. Experience in support programs with deaf/hard of hearing students (preferred).
4. Must be available for all days of the assignment.
5. If assigned to a BOCES ESY program, attend mandatory planning meeting.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.