This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; RCSD, Suburban Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019
1. Monitor physical status of children regarding chronic diseases (i.e. epilepsy, diabetes) in addition to other disabilities (i.e. developmental, emotional).
2. Dispense and monitor medications.
3. Complete treatments as required.
4. Accompany students with medical needs on community based outings.
5. Consult with staff regarding medical and developmental status of children.
6. Liaison with physicians, community agencies, parents, students and staff.
7. Develop IHCPs and Emergency Plans as needed.
8. Provide First Aid and emergency care to students and staff.
9. Train, monitor LPN and Health Aide staff as needed.
10. Ability to run to emergencies and perform CPR.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a School Nurse: Possession of a NYS License as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current license and registration to practice nursing in NYS.
3. AED/CPR Certified.
4. Prior school nursing, pediatric nursing experience desirable.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), which may or may not include: responding to emergency situations quickly (which may requiring running up/down stairs or running to sports field areas).
6. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.