This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location. A mandatory planning meeting may be scheduled per program assigned in. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Implement services under supervision of Physical Therapist to meet goals/objectives of students’ IEPs.
2. Participate in staffing meetings and classroom related activities of the summer program.
3. Generate summary reports, or other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program and as requested by supervising Physical.
4. Therapist(s), BOCES program principals and Occupational/Physical Therapy Program Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Educational Team/Program Administrators.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Physical Therapy Assistant: Certification and current registration by the NYS Department of Education as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
2. Must be available for all 30 days of the Summer Program.
3. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.