This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Full and Part Time positions available. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Plan and provide Physical Education instruction for students with disabilities in accordance with NYS mandates and standards.
2. Effectively communicate with school staff, parents, districts and community agencies.
3. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities.
4. Create and teach lessons in Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education.
5. Generate reports as necessary.
6. Plan, implement and support school wide activities according to themes.
1. NYS Certification and or License as required by the State Education Department for practice/work in the school setting.
2. Applicants must have experience working with students with developmental disabilities.
3. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program, including mandatory planning meeting for some programs.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to:
- Physical intervention techniques
- Supporting/transporting students in wheelchairs and/or providing assistance with transfer, ambulation and positioning
- Escorting, walking with, or in some cases running after students in multiple settings such as in community based activities, nature walks and school buildings
- Lifting as necessary in all programs
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.