This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location. A mandatory planning meeting may be scheduled per program assigned in. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Implement services to meet goals/objectives of students’ IEPs.
2. Participate in staffing meetings and classroom related activities of the summer program.
3. Supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant(s).
4. Generate summary reports, or other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by BOCES program principals and/or Occupational/Physical Therapy Program Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Educational Team/Program Administrators.
1. Civil Service eligibility as Occupational Therapist:
(A) Possession of a valid license and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as an Occupational Therapist; OR
(B) Possession of a Limited Permit to practice Occupational Therapy issued by the New York State Education Department.
2. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
3. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.