This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Various Hours. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Implement services from the IEP.
2. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities.
3. Generate reports as necessary.
4. Plan, support and implement school wide activities according to themes.
5. May require travel between program sites.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Music Therapist: Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy.
2. NYS Certification and/or License as required by the State Education Department for practice/work in the school setting.
3. Applicants must have multiple years’ experience working with students with disabilities in various settings.
4. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First Consideration to Current BOCES Employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.