This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
2. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
4. Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
5. Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer w/ AED, First Aid.
2. Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
3. Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
4. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
5. Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
6. High School Degree required.
7. Experience working with school aged children and Physical Education experience preferred.
8. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer School Program.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First Consideration to Current BOCES Employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.