This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various work sites in Monroe County
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Part-Time/Hourly (various times of the day). Hours vary according to work assignments. This position is a time sheet position and follows Summer School Time Sheet Schedule for pay dates. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Assist students in performing work tasks.
2. Communicate effectively with the work site supervisors and other members of multidisciplinary team.
3. Identify, train and monitor progress of student workers.
4. Use fading techniques to foster independence.
5. Maintain daily or weekly notes of work behavior, attitude, rate, quality and progress.
1. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
2. One year paid or volunteer experience working with children and high school graduates or minimum of 30 college credit hours.
3. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and reliable car.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.