This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES: School Health Services, RCSD, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019
DUTIES: One to one Health Aides at elementary or secondary school level which may include the following duties:
1. Provide personal care for student – assist with feeding, toileting, mobility as needed.
2. Accompany student to therapy and scheduled academic classes.
3. Participate in classroom activities as needed.
4. Monitor student and provide feedback per Behavior Plan as needed.
5. Assist with academic activities as needed.
6. Collect data as required – BP, pulse, temp, etc.
7. Assist with maintaining accurate and legible health records
8. Communicate appropriately with School Nurse, school personnel and parents.
9. Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
1. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
2. Civil Service eligibility as a School Health Aide: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.
3. High School Diploma required.
4. Medical/health experience preferred.
5. AED/CPR certification.
6. First Aid trained.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including running to emergencies.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First Consideration to Current BOCES Employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.