This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Food Service Department
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Various Hours - Monday-Friday. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
1. Food preparation (salads, sandwiches, etc.)
2. Portion desserts, salads, and fruits for serving.
3. Wash, trim and prepare vegetables.
4. Set up serving lines.
5. Operate kitchen appliances.
6. Serve food.
7. Operate dish machine and wash pans and utensils.
8. Assist in cleaning of kitchen and dining area.
9. May serve as cashier.
10. Assist in vending operations.
11. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
12. Delivery service of food to off-site BOCES facilities.
13. Stock and put away food supplies upon delivery.
14. Other tasks as requested by management.
1. Basic understanding of kitchen operation.
2. Training will be provided.
3. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.