This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019; 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Assist students/educational teams in the selection, acquisition, or use of an assistive technology device that is used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities.
2. Provide assistive technology evaluations and services within program assignment and in accordance with IEPs.
3. Making recommendations regarding the acquisition of assistive technology devices; designing, fitting, customizing/adapting, and maintaining assistive technology devices.
4. Providing training or technical assistance to the student, the student’s family and educational staff.
5. Participate in staffing conferences when appropriate.
6. Work collaboratively with Parents/Teachers/Educational Teams/Program Administrators and appropriate Community Agencies to coordinate services.
7. Generate thorough summary reports and other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program in a timely manner as required by Department policies and Program requirements.
1. NYS Certification as a Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped/Teacher of Students with Speech Language Disabilities, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, or Special Education OR NYS Licensed OT/PT.
2. If Certified as a TSHH or TSSLD, NYS License and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency as a Speech-Language Pathologist preferred.
3. Experience with Assistive Technology in general and Special Education settings preferred.
4. Applicants must commit to working the full 30-day Summer Program.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First Consideration to Current BOCES Employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.