This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITIONS: Monroe One BOCES, Safety and Security Department, Central Campus and Bird Morgan
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. Full and Part Time positions available. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Provide crisis intervention when needed.
2. Positively interact with students and staff consistently.
3. Effectively use verbal and non-verbal communication skills and behavior support techniques to help manage aggressive behavior and defuse students in crisis.
4. Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
5. Attend Train the Trainer sessions to keep current on behavior management.
6. Train staff on techniques to support student behaviors.
7. Attend team meetings when necessary.
8. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
1. Graduation from High School or possession of a High School equivalency diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling/Mental Health/Psychology or related field preferred.
2. TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) training required.
3. Experience with Students with Disabilities required; experience with autistic students preferred.
4. Working knowledge of conflict resolution.
5. Pro-active team player and problem solver.
6. Thoughtful and intentional with a calm demeanor.
7. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
8. Ability to effectively use technology.
9. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
10. Pysically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation.)
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.