This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Various locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019. 7 hours a day, hours TBD by location. For all BOCES Programs: A mandatory meeting may be scheduled per program assigned in. Pre and Post summer trainings as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
eSTART & O’Connor Academy = June 5, 2019
Transition & Employment Program = June 11, 2019
Creekside (BPA) & 12:1:4 DB School Age = June 12, 2019
Creekside (BUP) & 12:1:4 DB School Age, Bird Morgan & 8:1:1 Elementary & Middle, Rush Henrietta Integrated = June 19, 2019
1. Implement audiology services which may include HAT management, HAT trials, audio-consult, CAPE and audio evaluation to meet goals/objectives of each student’s IEP.
2. Assess communication skills as needed so that each student can successfully participate in all aspects of their summer school program.
3. Participate in staffing conferences and classroom related activities of the summer program.
4. Generate summary reports and other required paperwork within the scope of the summer program as requested by BOCES program principals and/or Clinical Therapy Coordinator.
5. Work collaboratively with Teacher/Educational Team/Program Administrators.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Audiologist: Possession of license and registration by the NYS Education Department as an Audiologist. ASHA certification (preferred).
2. Must be available for all 30 days of the summer program.
3. Must have Medicaid Relevant training and NPI number.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First Consideration to Current BOCES Employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.