This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES, Food Service Department, Bird/Morgan School
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 8, 2019 – August 16, 2019; 25 Hours/Week. Monday – Friday, 7:30AM – 12:30PM. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up as directed.
1. Cook and supervise the work of Food Service personnel in the absence of the Cook Manager.
2. Assist in the preparation and service of food served in the school food service department.
3. Assist the Cook Manager with routine management functions including but not limited to: menu forecasting, production reports, temperature charts, HACCP and other sanitation reports, inventory, stock and delivery management, cash and meal accountability, kitchen equipment use and care, and other management duties as assigned by the Cook Manager or Director.
4. Supervise and participate in the maintenance of health, safety and sanitary practices as required by various regulatory agencies.
5. Assist the Cook Manager in any building vending operations operated by the School Food Service Department.
6. Assist the Cook Manager in all phases, including delivery and service, of any off-site School Food Service program operated by the School Food Service Department.
7. Provide leadership to ensure meals will be served in pleasant facilities and by courteous staff.
8. Create an atmosphere for employee productivity and satisfaction.
9. Communicate effectively with both supervisor and other employees.
1. Good knowledge of the principles and skills in the preparation of quantity foods.
2. Ability to supervise the work of others.
3. Ability to maintain and understand basic management records and carry out oral and written instructions.
4. Current valid NYS Driver’s License.
5. Experience in quantity food cooking in schools or equivalent institutions such as restaurants or hotels.
6. Adequate physical stamina necessary to stand while performing duties.
7. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/09/2019.