LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Probationary, Full Time, 10 Month Position, Anticipated Opening for the 2018-2019 School Year
1. Provide instructional services to students under the general supervision of a licensed or certified teacher.
2. Assist classroom teacher in implementation of Individualized Education Plans for students exhibiting significant communication, learning and behavioral disabilities.
3. Adapt and implement classroom lessons and activities under the supervision of the teacher.
4. Work cooperatively with staff, administration and consultants to implement and monitor Individual Behavior Plans.
5. Communicate effectively with the team including classroom teachers, other professional staff and parents.
6. Collect data and provide input to the behavioral specialist and classroom team.
7. Assist students with daily living skills (dressing, toileting, etc.).
8. Accompany students to and from all areas outside of the classroom (swimming, riding the bus, etc.).
9. Plan and implement daily activities.
10. Assist with maintaining record-keeping.
11. Assist students in communicating utilizing adaptive communication devices.
12. Attend staffing meetings and training before and after school as needed.
13. Attend training specific to students.
14. Support students in work programs.
15. Other duties as determined by the classroom teacher or building administrator.
1. Valid NYS Teaching Assistant Certificate or willingness to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
2. Experience working with students with behavioral/emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities preferred.
3. College level work in education preferred.
4. Training in individual and classroom management systems.
5. Training in Life Space Interventions/SCIP-R/TCI/CPI or similar systems.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to:
- Ability to use approved physical intervention techniques when necessary.
- Lifting and/or carrying.
- Standing, stooping, bending, crouching, squatting, kneeling, and/or reaching.
- Walking, running, and/or escorting students in multiple settings.