LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time & Part Time Positions (dependent on requests for Monroe #1 BOCES Mental Health Services) for the 2018 -2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: September 2018
DESCRIPTION: School Social Worker to provide counseling, assessment, classroom support, mental health consultation, family and community outreach for students receiving supportive services through Monroe #1 BOCES
1. Consult and team with teachers and other disciplines in the development and delivery of Individual Education Programs, including appropriate social/emotional/behavioral supports.
2. Provide individual and group counseling as defined by IEP and based on students’ needs.
3. Support students with crisis counseling, as needed.
4. Complete assessment and documentation of student performance and progress as required, including teaming on Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.
5. Lead social skills and affective education groups.
6. Provide outreach and collaboration to outside agencies, organizations and school districts.
7. Provide parent support and education, as needed.
8. Collaborate with the educational team in the development, revision and implementation of Functional Behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans and classroom positive behavior support systems.
9. Contribute to program and department initiatives to further social/emotional learning and positive behavioral and educational supports.
1. Master of Social Work from accredited graduate school of Social Work.
2. NYS Provisional or Permanent Certification as a School Social Worker.
3. Experience in providing counseling, group interventions and supportive mental health services to students with disabilities.
4. Understanding of NYS Special Education laws, regulations and processes.
5. Knowledge of family and child supportive community resources.
6. Demonstrate technical skills to effectively fill the role of School Social Worker.
7. Training in life crisis intervention strategies such as TCI, LSI or similar problem solving models preferred.
8. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).