LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Various Monroe County Schools
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Per Diem Substitutes, Temporary, Anticipated Full Time/Part Time; 2018-2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
1. Record clear concise notes.
2. Distribute notes to assigned student and necessary teachers.
3. Maintain diplomatic working relationships with teachers, parents, students and other support personnel.
4. Read and respond to email communication on a daily basis, if on staff.
5. Attend training sessions and scheduled Notetaker and Deaf Education staff meetings, if on staff.
1. High School graduate.
2. Legible handwriting.
3. Able to work independently, with a variety of children and adults.
4. Able to adapt to a variety of subjects and teaching styles and to interpret lessons into clear, concise notes.
5. Good working knowledge of computers (windows operating system, word processing applications, email, up-loading and down-loading attachments).
6. Experience working in a classroom setting.
7. Desire to work with students with disabilities.
8. Able to attend Notetaker training.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).