LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Various Districts
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem Substitutes; 2018-2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: September 2018 and On-Going
1. Meet with and instruct deaf/hard of hearing students for academic support and development of receptive language, expressive language and advocacy skills.
2. Consult, on an ongoing basis, with school staff.
3. Attend scheduled BOCES Teacher of the Deaf meetings, and special Deaf/ASL Education Department meetings, if on staff.
4. Attend BOCES team, building-level, Committee for Special Education (CSE) and parent meetings related to deaf/hard of hearing students, if on staff.
5. Offer formal in-service training in buildings where deaf/hard of hearing students are located, if on staff.
6. Assist staff with basic troubleshooting of amplification equipment.
7. Evaluate student needs and abilities; be involved with entire IEP process, if on staff.
8. Work closely with guidance counselors, parents and students to plan student program.
9. Serve on committees within the Deaf Education Department, as well as within the larger BOCES organization, if on staff.
10. Perform related duties as agreed upon with the Deaf/ASL Education Department Administration, if on staff.
1. Master’s Degree.
2. NYS Certification as a Teacher of the Deaf and Hearing-Impaired.
3. Proficiency in sign language.
4. Valid NY State Driver’s License.
5. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).