LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem; 2018-2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: September 2018 and On-Going
1. Work one to one assisting students with necessary skills to successfully participate in the classroom. This would include but not be limited to the following; attending to instruction, supporting life skills development, following classroom routines and behavioral expectations.
2. Act as language model and provide some receptive and expressive interpreting in the classroom and special events during the school day.
3. Coordinate with teacher and other education team members toward instructional goals.
4. Facilitate spoken and signed communication between student and staff.
5. Maintain diplomatic working relationships with teachers, parents, students and other support personnel.
6. Read and respond to email communication on a daily basis, if on staff.
7. Attend training sessions and scheduled Signing Skills Coach and Deaf Education staff meetings, if on staff.
1. High School Graduate; Associate Degree preferred.
2. Intermediate to advanced sign language skills.
3. Basic interpreting skills.
4. Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training preferred.
5. Experience in support service programs with deaf/hard of hearing or special education programs preferred.
6. Desire to work with students with disabilities.
7. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).