LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe #1 BOCES, Transportation Department
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10-Month Position, Part Time, Full Time; 2018-2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
1. Assist with loading and unloading of students.
2. Supervise the conduct of students.
3. Attend to special needs of students.
4. Knowledge of emergency procedures and evacuation plans.
1. Assist with student behavior.
2. Attend to students at all times.
3. Learn emergency procedures and be prepared to evacuate the bus at times.
4. Establish good relationships with co-workers, teachers and parents to resolve problems.
5. Assist students with loading and unloading the bus.
6. Follow procedures according to the Transportation Handbook.
1. Expected to comply with rules, regulations, specifications of State, Federal and BOCES#1 Transportation Handbook for the safe transportation of special needs students.
2. Able to understand and communicate with students, bus drivers and parents.
3. Attendants must complete the NYS Monitor/Attendant 10-hour course within their first year of employment.
4. Responsible for attending and completing all required training.
1. Must meet all Civil Service requirements for a School Bus Attendant.
2. Must be at least 19 years of age (SED).
3. Meet 19A and NYSED requirements including the SED Physical Performance Test (Drag 125 lbs. 30' in 30 seconds).
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
5. Must provide a copy of high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (applications submitted without this documentation will not be considered.)