LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe # 1 BOCES, Rochester City School District and/or Fairport Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Substitutes, Full Time & Part Time positions; 2018-2019 School Year
STARTING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
For School Health Offices in the Rochester City School District; may include the following duties:
1. Administer medications per provider orders.
2. Develop, evaluate and follow Emergency and Individual Health Care Plans for students with medical issues.
3. Monitor the use of and evaluating the effects of medications dispensed in school.
4. Administer first aid as needed using School Health Services medical policies.
5. Complete health assessments and sports certifications as needed.
6. Participate in providing educational opportunities for staff, students and parents.
7. Communicate with school personnel and parents.
8. Have working knowledge of school health care regulations.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a School Nurse:
Possession of a current New York State License as a Registered Nurse.
2. AED/CPR Certification required; must renew with Monroe # 1 BOCES.
3. Must be familiar with computer programs.
4. School Health or pediatric experience preferred.
5. Must be physically able to perform all essential job duties required of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), which may or may not include: responding to emergency situations quickly (may requiring running up/down stairs or running to sports field areas).
6. Must be able to perform CPR in a kneeling/floor-based position for a minimum of two continuous minutes. (This requirement is job-related and consistent with business necessity because: (1) due to the nature of the workplace, this individual may be the only person on-site who is certified to perform CPR and (2) in almost all cases, the individual in need of CPR is at ground level.)